Anyone evaluating AWS Aurora Serverless v2 beta? We’ve been using v1 the last few months and had the following concerns.
1. Does not support RDS proxy leading to a high number of connections from lambda and other services
2. Lack of redundancy/failover
3. Only Supports MySQL version 5.6, which is very old
4. Event_scheduler is not supported
5. Number of connections utilize more ACU
6. Occasional timeouts during scaling
7. Instance warmup takes time
UPDATE: AWS will be releasing v2 in 2022 that will hopefully address some of these issues.
Contact us if you need help implementing Aurora Serverless.